In purely statistical terms Nick Riewoldtâ€™s six Trevor Barker medals as the best and fairest winner place him alone at the top of a tree of famous St Kilda names.
The fact that one of those best and fairest was won in his first full season and several others were in finals years of his career only adds further lustre to an amazing record. A record testament to hard work and single minded preparation incredible personal ability and skills of the elite order.
Loyalty and dedication are his bywords and his football persona ensures that he will always hold a high standing at St Kilda Football Club. No big man in memory has shown the running capacity he displays and his courage is beyond peer.
Riewoldt, St Kildaâ€™s longest serving captain, will join an exclusive club in 2016, becoming just the fifth player in the clubâ€™s history to play 300 games in red, white and black. Riewoldt joins Breen, Loewe, Burke & Harvey in this rarefied group and to celebrate this achievement, St. Kilda Football Club along with the AFL, AFLPA and Maddieâ€™s Vision bring you three premium memorabilia items to celebrate this outstanding achievement.
NICK RIEWOLDT AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- The ultimate tribute to the elite five players to have represented the St. Kilda FC on more than 300 occasions
- Personally signed by Barry Breen, Stuart Loewe, Nathan Burke, Robert Harvey & Nick Riewoldt
- Strictly limited to just 100 editions
- Each guernsey is presented in a deluxe showcase display
- Officially licensed by the AFL and endorsed by AFLPA with Certificate of Authenticity
- Approximate framed dimensions 1100 x 900 mm
- A donation from the sale of each product goes to Maddie Riewoldtâ€™s Vision
ABOUT MADDIE RIEWOLDTâ€™S VISION
- 6 x Best and Fairest 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2014
- 4 x Club Leading Goalkicker 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014
- Captain 2005, 2007-
- All-Australian 2004, 2006, 2008, 2009 (Captain), 2014
- AFL Rising Star 2002
- AFL Media Association 2004
Maddie Riewoldt suffered from a Bone Marrow Failure called Aplastic Anaemia, which claimed her life in February 2015. Maddie 26, had a five year battle with the illness experiencing countless blood transfusions, intrusive medical procedures, two bone marrow transplants and seven months in hospital, with 227 days spent in ICU.
Maddie and the Riewoldt family didnâ€™t want anyone to go through what Maddie went through. In June 2016, four months after Maddieâ€™s passing, Maddie Riewoldtâ€™s Vision was established to raise money and fund medical research into finding a cure for Bone Marrow Failure.
Since being established, Maddie Riewoldtâ€™s Vision has received close to $1million from generous donations and probono support. They have already made strategic inroads into their mission of finding a cure and started funding significant medical research projects, including the worldâ€™s only National Aplastic Anaemia Registry.
Maddie Riewoldtâ€™s Vision aims to raise over $1million per year to sustain their research strategy.
For further information visit www.mrv.org.au
Help us Fight Like Maddie by donating at www.mrv.org.au or text 'Maddie' to 0437 371 371
Facebook: Maddie Riewoldt's Vision
*please note this item cannot be shipped to a PO box address*
*Please note orders placed between Decemember the 20th and 30th of January will experience extended delays due to holiday processing*